Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
All participants must submit the recipes according to the topics and instructions given at the following document
The competition starts on April 23, 2018 at 00:00 hours (GMT + 1) and ends on May 4, 2018 at 23:59 (GMT + 1)
The contest is open to participants over the age of 18 and does not require any participation fee.
By entering the competition, participants agree to the Terms and Conditions and to share their images as well as reproduce them for any purpose without additional compensation.
Submission of Recipes
All proceeds must:
- Represent the regional gastronomic heritage / heritage;
- Contain at least 2 ingredients from the region of Algarve ;
- Have a clear description (ingredients, quantities, description of the cooking method) about the recipe;
- Have an explanation of your story / why you choose it;
In a first moment will be pre-selected 24 candidates who will be invited to present their dish in the event of May 19in the Loulé Market;
The 24 selected will be announced on the official website of Algarve Chefs Week;
Those selected will be contacted by the Algarve Chefs Week organisation;
Algarve Chefs Week Casting Grand Finale – May 19th
The 24 selected must attend the Loulé Market on May 19 at 3:00 PM to present the selected recipe.
The presentation should be limited to heating and plating, being available a kitchen counter composed by two induction hobs and a washbasin
Alignment for Algarve Chefs Week Casting Grand Finale – May 19th
– Presentation of the 24 recipes
– The jury will consist of 8 panels of 3 people;
– Each candidate will have 5 minutes to explain how they did it and why they did it.
– Each dish will be subject to proof by Chefs
– Prizes given to the 24 finalists
– Choice and Announcement of the 14 Winners
The 14 selected candidates will be gratified with their presence on May 26 at the Loulé Market as part of their team;
The chefs will interpret the winning recipe on May 26 and it will be a part of the menu during this day;
– The winners will also be rewarded with a Dinner for 2 persons ACW Menu at the Chef’s restaurant by whom they are selected;
To enjoy the prize, it must be booked in advance and will be subject to the hotel availability.
The prize is valid for six (6) months from the date of confirmation and is not transferable, nor can it be exchanged for cash.
By providing personal details such as name and email, the participant allows the hotels part of Algarve Chefs Week to contact them for marketing purposes on the subject of this event.